Building your own property is one of life’s great pleasures for those lucky few who experience it, so it should be something to savour, not sink under. Let our architects, designers and engineers support you at each step, helping to make your dream home come true. You deserve the best, and Fittra knows how to custom build new homes perfectly.
Cost of building a house
- Average cost to build a house: from £1,500 per square metre (approx. £140 per square foot)
You can expect to pay this average price as a minimum. Exact designs, decisions and finishing touches make all the difference, so the average price can be more like £2,500 per square metre for higher-spec, complicated properties.
House building construction companies’ costs are dependent on various aspects, including:
- Location: Central London is the most expensive place in the UK to build a house. In fact, it’s the second-highest in the whole world. So where you build a house has a huge impact on cost
- Labour: nearly 50 per cent of your budget will be spent on people power
- Materials: the best, top of the range, luxury, advanced options push the total up, also influence the timeline
- Timeframe: the speed required impacts the overall amount to pay
- Finishes: every little detail adds up, from plug sockets, lighting and switches to tiles, flooring, windows, doors and wall coverings
House construction process
- Architect’s designs: creates drawings and specifications; chooses materials; essential considerations include structure/insulation
- Planning permissions/building regulations required
- Construction itself: this needs to be project managed with precision and accuracy, as many different skilled workers form the entire house builder team and are needed at various points throughout, such as:
- Utilities professionals
- Windows/doors installers
- Hard landscapers
As you can see, it is a great undertaking involving many intricacies and complexities. That’s why you want an experienced firm to take control and guide you through it.
Trust Fittra as your house builder
As an NHBC-registered firm in London, we know all about planning regulations in this part of the UK. With more than 10 years experience creating designs to conform to these rules, we know how to match buildings to their environments to not only comply with local rulings but also enhance their surroundings.
Feel confident that the price we quote will always be fair, competitive and straightforward, so you won’t end up with unexpected surprises after the project is underway.
To create your own property is an incredible experience, and it all starts with a phone call. Get in touch today and let’s start the ball rolling together.