Aluminium windows FAQ
Let us answer the most frequently asked questions:
- How are they made more energy efficient?
Our leading suppliers know how to deal with this material’s conductivity. Heat transfer is reduced with the latest technological advances, including:
- A strip of polyamide (polymer strip) is inserted into the frame to act as a thermal break, blocking cold/heat from transferring in either direction
- Argon gas (which is denser than air) is fitted into the sealed units to help with energy efficiency
- Can they be given a timber appearance?
Yes. By fitting them into a timber sub-frame first, you can achieve that traditional look. Thanks to the slimness, it balances out the slight restricted sightlines.
- What glazing options are there?
Currently, upto double glazing is possible. As this style of windows is a recent, modern development in the industry, triple glazing is not available at present.
Why use Fittra to fit your aluminium windows in London
You want experience, professionalism, quick turnaround times, great value – Fittra delivers all that and more. We work with aluminium window manufacturing companies at the top of their field in the UK and Europe. Thanks to our long-standing relationships with these firms, we can offer our customers the very best quality, choice, price and timeframes.
With years in the construction industry, when you buy from us you can be assured of a fast, straightforward project. Expect lead times of 3-4 weeks (compared to other businesses operating on 8-12 week timeframes). We find solutions to work with your budget, balancing cost, quality and preference.
Get in touch for a quote today and to talk through your plans.